Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Knitting Fearless 2008 and The Journey

It stands on the newsbrief of Knitting daily: Knitting fearless 2008.

I started knitting in October last year, when my friend Wendy sent me email and told me about her new finding: knitting. She teaches herself through videos on internet and books from the library. I only knew crochet a little, my mother taught me. Unfortunately I was not hooked with it and got more interested into cross stitch.

Due to my study, I stopped all the creative activities, until I read Wendy's email. Her enthousiasm poisoned me and together we've been learning knitting. I have to say that knitting soothes me. If I'm tired after work, I can just grab my project and it's like a yoga exercise, it makes me relax and warm.

Another thing is the beauty of colors, one that I've always wanted to explore and learn. Another friend of mine, Yasmina, has the eyes for beautiful colors around her. Looking at her knitting pictures makes me jealous. She's also the other person who's responsible for my new addiction.

Ravelry makes it worst. Since I was able to enter the community, there's no day goes by without me looking around and getting inspiration from other's projects.

My knitting resolutions for this year are:
- try bigger projects like sweater or vest
- try knitting with dpns (double point needles) like making socks
- learning crochet again, especially in the summer when it's too hot to knit

1 comment:

missyasmina said...

Hihihi, daku tersanjung deh disebut-sebut di blogmu... Kaya'nya 2008 ini kita harus bener-bener usahakan bisa kopdar dan S'n'B yah :)